Monday, November 21, 2011

Another 30 Years And I Can Retire!

It's my birthday on Wednesday. I'm not having a party because I hate parties. (At parties I'm the person who's either huddled near the few people I find bearable in crushing social situations, or scanning the bookshelf, wondering if anyone will notice me stealing a book, then hiding in a quietish spot to read).
I'll be going to the movies with a friend, then having dinner with friend and brother. Friend says she's making me an amazing chocolate cake. Yay.

I will be 35. And somehow, I don't yet live on a private island, in a medieval castle*, surrounded by a moat that's patrolled by a fire-breathing guard-dragon. I'm a little disappointed about that.

*Castle is, of course, upgraded to have proper plumbing, electricity, hot water and internet.

5 comments:

River said...

I planned on retiring at 60, then the government upped the age to 65 and now I believe they're thinking of raising it to 70. Here's a question; if all us oldies are still working, where are the jobs for the young ones? The school leavers? When I was young retirement age was 50 or 55.
Would your castle have airconditioning?

Kath Lockett said...

Happy birthday fellow Scorpio!

Your birthday plans sound pretty well perfect me - the private island can wait until you retire and have time to befriend your dragon.

Windsmoke. said...

I've already retired and its something to look forward to believe me. I bet my bottom dollar your castle would have a giant library full to the brim with books. Happy birthday :-).

Jayne said...

Happy birthday fellow Scorpian, hope the castle is on the horizon soonish for you ;)

River said...

Don't forget to save me a piece of that amazing cake, put it in a container in the freezer, I'll be there Saturday.
Happy Birthday, SAGITTARIAN!